Slate roof installation is a highly specialised job requiring expert craftsmanship to ensure the best results.
David from All Pro Roofing is a specialist, and has more than 25 years’ experience and uses the best natural slate for excellent results.
Slate Roof Installation Process
For a typical slate roof, our installation process would be as follows:
● Each piece of slate is individually graded and holed to suit the roof
● Copper or Colorbond eave gutters and down-pipes installed
● Sarking, which is a breathable membrane, is laid over the rafters
● Oregon roof battens are installed to suit roof pitch and size of slate
● Roof struck out - vertical perp lines creating a grid effect
● Copper or Colorbond valleys installed
● Slate installation begins and the slate tiles are fixed with copper clouts
● Soakers, back tray to wall abutments and chimneys installed.